The following conditions govern the use of the service "CleverTogether", offered by Austrian Airlines AG ("Austrian"), and provide information on the use of data acquired in the process.
- Registration and use of CleverTogether is free for all participants.
- The minimum age for registration and use is 16 years.
- The CleverTogether profile can be used immediately upon completion once the participant has activated it by clicking on a link received in a confirmation email. If the profile has not been activated after a week, the profile will be deleted in its entirety.
- Austrian will process the data collected from the participant exclusively for the described functions of CleverTogether.
- The participant can cancel his/her profile at any time and without giving any reason (see below: Rights of Affected Persons). After cancellation, the profile will be deleted and can no longer be used by the participant.
- In the event that the participant agrees to subscribe to our newsletter when setting up his/her profile, s/he concurrently agrees to receive information about flights and additional services (e.g. seat reservations, upgrades, luggage options and destinations), as well as general information about CleverTogether. The newsletter subscription can the cancelled without giving any reason at any time via the unsubscribe function in each email.
- In the event that the participant discloses his/her interest in Miles & More during the registration process, s/he will receive an email with a link to the registration for the Miles & More program. For this registration, the conditions regarding the handling of personal data collected via the Miles & More program are the same as can be found here.
- Austrian has the right to anonymously read and collect the travel tips provided by the participants with the help of CleverTogether administrators in order to publish the tips as a summary sent by email to other participants of CleverTogether.
- CleverTogether may not be used for commercial purposes and for the reproduction of online services or other advertising content without the consent of Austrian.
CleverTogether allows you to provide Austrian with personal data (title, first name, surname, date of birth, email address, password and, if applicable, security answers) so that you can exchange information with other passengers onboard. Other users can see either your first name and first letter of your surname, or a username of your choice.
- Registration with CleverTogether is voluntary and free of charge. The processing of personal data takes place only with your express consent on successful completion of the registration.
- The legal entity for the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGBO) is the Austrian Airlines AG, Office Park 2, PO Box 100, 1300 Vienna Airport, Austria.
- The purpose of CleverTogether: to provide online entertainment and exchange of information and travel tips with other passengers about travel destinations, a quiz, as well as relevant downloadable documentation about the destination.
- Correctness and newness of data in CleverTogether: you can update and make changes to your information at any time under "Edit profile". Only one profile can be set up per email address. When changing the email address, a new profile must be created. You are responsible for the correctness of the data, and for keeping it up to date.
- Deleting and deactivating your CleverTogether profile: you can cancel your profile at any time and without giving any reason (see below: Rights of Affected Persons). After cancellation, your profile will be deleted immediately and can no longer be used.
Austrian reserves the right to discontinue CleverTogether at any time. In this case, your profile will simultaneously be deleted.
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties: the personal data you provide us with is forwarded to a contractor (ambuzzador GmbH, Neubaugasse 64-66/2/11, 1070 Vienna, Austria) for processing. Any further transfers of your data will not take place without your express consent. The summaries of travel tips and other content from CleverTogether that are published via email after the flight are compiled anonymously.
The transfer of personal data to domestic and foreign courts, public authorities or other state institutions is carried out exclusively in accordance with statutory provisions.
- 21. Data security: Austrian applies technical and organisational data security measures to protect your personal data against accidental and intentional manipulation, loss and destruction, and against access by unauthorised persons. Data security is a continual process at Austrian in order to ensure that all technical security measures are state of the art.
Rights of the persons concerned – contact options
You have the right to access any information held about you at any time. You have the right to revoke, rectify, delete and restrict the processing of data at any time, and to dispute the use of data also with hindsight.
Please send all requests to us in writing with proof of identity (scan of official photo ID) by post to Austrian Airlines AG, Legal Office Data Protection, Office Park 2, P.O. Box 100, 1300 Vienna Airport, Austria – or use the online web form.